simpledb: All content tagged as simpledb in NoSQL databases and polyglot persistence
EngineYard’s Ines Sombra recorded a conversation with Mathias Meyer about NoSQL databases and their evolution towards more friendlier functionality, relational databases and their steps towards non-relational models, and a bit more on what polyglot persistence means.
Mathias Meyer is one of the people I could talk for days about NoSQL and databases in general with different infrastructure toppings and he has some of the most well balanced thoughts when speaking about this exciting space—see this conversation I’ve had with him in the early days of NoSQL. I strongly encourage you to download the mp3 and listen to it.
Original title and link: NoSQL and Relational Databases Podcast With Mathias Meyer ( ©myNoSQL)
- Dynamo (key-value)
- Voldemort (key-value)
- Tokyo Cabinet (key-value)
- KAI (key-value)
- Cassandra (column-oriented/tabular)
- CouchDB (document-oriented)
- SimpleDB (document-oriented)
- Riak (document-oriented)
A couple of clarifications to the list above:
- Dynamo has never been available to the public. On the other hand DynamoDB is not exactly Dynamo
- Tokyo Cabinet is not a distributed database so it shouldn’t be in this list
- CouchDB isn’t a distributed database either, but one could argue that with its peer-to-peer replication it sits right at the border. On the other hand there’s BigCouch.
Original title and link: Which NoSQL Databases Are Robust to Net-Splits? ( ©myNoSQL)