silverbox: All content tagged as silverbox in NoSQL databases and polyglot persistence
Mail.ru, one of the most popular Russian web sites, has open sourced ☞ Tarantool which among other components includes also (another) in-memory key-value store.
From the ☞ project home:
- The system is optimized for work with large volumes of data;
- Tarantool uses snapshot files, which contain the state of the database at the time of copy to disk;
- Transaction logging in binary log files preserves all changes to database state, allowing automatic restoration of information after system reboot;
- The system provides high availability, automatic switchover to an available replica in case of crash of any part of the system;
- The system is fully compatible with the memcached protocol;
- Local replicas allow system update without interruption to client services;
- The system provides data replication over the network;
- Tarantool supplies a simply binary protocol for replication, supporting the creation of additional logic.
It sounds like an improved, HA memcached, which would place it close to products like Membase
- Details about Tarantool are still scarce, so I’m not 100% about it. (↩)
Original title and link: Tarantool/Silverbox: Another In-Memory Key-Value Store from Mail.Ru (NoSQL databases © myNoSQL)