A couple of companies involved in the NoSQL market appear in the VentureWire’s list of ”Top 50 Start-Ups To Watch”:
- 10Gen - Provides an open-source non-relational database called MongoDB.
- Cloudera - Provides enterprise-level support to users of Apache Hadoop, the open source software that powers the data processing engines of many websites.
- Datameer - Offers a data analytics platform built on Apache Hadoop that helps business users access, analyze and use massive amounts of data.
- Membase - Develops software based on open-source program Memcached designed for storing data behind interactive web applications.
- Schooner Information Technology - Develops data-access application appliances for information-intensive Web 2.0 and cloud computing datacenters.
There are a couple more that are missing… but I’m not a VC.
Update: It looks like I’ve missed
Relaxed Couchio CouchOne from the list (nb: wondering how old this list is!!!). Thanks to Ishaan for pointing that out:
Relaxed Couchio CouchOne: Developing an open source indexable document database designed for the reporting and storage of large amounts of semi-structured, document oriented data.
Original title and link: NoSQL Companies Make it To Top 50 Start-Ups To Watch (NoSQL databases © myNoSQL)