redis: All content tagged as redis in NoSQL databases and polyglot persistence
The RavenDB team has released mostly a bug fix new version RavenDB 2.01. The change log is here.
Redis also has a new bug fix release: 2.6.10 including non-critical fixes and 5 small improvements. Change log is here
Original title and link: NoSQL Bug Fix Releases: Redis 2.6.10 and RavenDB 2.01 ( ©myNoSQL)
More service providers for hosted NoSQL solutions:
- Garantia Data to Offer its Redis & Memcached Hosting Services in Europe: “In-memory NoSQL Company extends Redis Cloud and Memcached Cloud to European Amazon Web Services users.”
- CloudBird Launch, now with RavenDB 2.0 support - The CloudBird Blog: “Today we’re cracking open the Champagne as we peel off the beta label and officially welcome production databases to our RavenDB hosting service. What’s more we’re also introducing support for the Raven 2.0 RTM.”
It’s not anymore just “a database for every taste”, but steadly becoming more of “a database for every taste served from anywhere you like”,
Original title and link: NoSQL Hosting: Redis and RavenDB ( ©myNoSQL)
The project is on GitHub so you can send some pull requests with improvements.
Original title and link: Redis-Stat: Redis Monitoring With Netflix’s Hystrix Flavor ( ©myNoSQL)
The list of releases I wanted to post about has been growing fast these last couple of weeks, so instead of waiting leaving it to Here it is (in no particular order1):
- (Jan.2nd) Cassandra 1.2 — announcement on DataStax’s blog. I’m currently learning and working on a post looking at what’s new in Cassandra 1.2.
- (Jan.10th) Apache Pig 0.10.1 — Hortonworks wrote about it
- (Jan.10th) DataStax Community Edition 1.2 and OpsCenter 2.1.3 — DataStax announcement
- (Jan.10th) CouchDB 1.0.4, 1.1.2, and 1.2.1 — releases fixing some security vulnerabilities
(Jan.11th) MongoDB 2.3.2 unstable — announcement. This dev release includes support for full text indexing. For more details you can check:
- MongoDB Full Text Search Explained and MongoDB Text Search Tutorial
- Full text search in MongoDB: details about supported languages and queries
- Indexing a Markdown blog using MongoDB full text indexing
- Short demo of MongoDB text search and hashed shard keys
- (Jan.12th) Apache HBase 0.94.4 — announcement and release notes
- (Jan.14th) Apache Hive 0.10.0: Hortonworks’s post about it
- (Jan.15th) Hortonworks Data Platform 1.2 featuring Apache Amabari — official PR announcement
- (Jan.16th) Redis 2.6.9 — release notes
- (Jan.16th) HyperDex 1.0RC1 — no docs
- (Jan.16th) Klout’s Brickhouse — announcement:
[…] an open source project extending Hadoop and Hive with a collection of useful user-defined-functions. Its aim is to make the Hive Big Data developer more productive, and to enable scalable and robust dataflows.
I’ve tried to order it chronologically, but most probably I’ve failed. ↩
Original title and link: 11 Interesting Releases From the First Weeks of January ( ©myNoSQL)