RavenDB, the .NET document database, seem to be very active these days. While still pretty young, RavenDB seems to be adding a lot of features lately to catch up with the other, better known, document databases like CouchDB or MongoDB.
The latest added (or just documented
) features include:
- Replication Bundle: master slave, master multi slaves, and multi master
- Versioning Bundle – seamless audit trails for document changes.
- Spatial queries – for geo location searches.
- Authorization Bundle – per document authorization.
- Document metadata – manipulating the document metadata at the client side.
- Patching documents – avoid having to send the entire document on the wire, send just the changes.
- Custom serialization – control how the client API serializes your documents.
While all these sound like good additions to RavenDB, I must confess that there are a couple of questions that I’d like answered:
- how battle tested is RavenDB? are there any production deployments?
- how many developers are behind RavenDB?
- what support can you get for RavenDB?
Many of these questions do apply to other NoSQL databases too though.
Original title and link: RavenDB: New Features (NoSQL databases © myNoSQL)