fun: All content tagged as fun in NoSQL databases and polyglot persistence
Credit Matthew Freeman.
Original title and link: Data science: Introducing the (para)normal distribution ( ©myNoSQL)
Considering the number of views on YouTube, I’m probably one of the lasts to discover this video. But I cannot imagine one reader of this blog not loving it though.
- The Sound of Sorting - “Audibilization” and Visualization of Sorting Algorithms - panthema.net
- Sorting Algorithms (slower, grouped and ordered) - YouTube
- The algorithms are: selection sort, insertion sort, quick sort, merge sort, heap sort, radix sort (LSD), radix sort (MSD), std::sort (intro sort), std::stable_sort (adaptive merge sort), shell sort, bubble sort, cocktail shaker sort, gnome sort, bitonic sort and bogo sort.
Original title and link: The sound of sorting - 15 sorting algorithms visualized and sonified ( ©myNoSQL)
I know a few people that avoid the Internet completely on April’s Fool. After being tricked every year by my dad, I’m very careful with what I’m posting on that day. This year has been easy on me, but that doesn’t mean there weren’t a couple of good ones.
- The Title of the Year: Chief Hadoop Officer
- [#HADOOP-9448] Submitted Patch for Hadoop: Reimplement Things
- The Real-Time Cure: Slow and Steady
Original title and link: Best NoSQL April’s Fool ( ©myNoSQL)
Original title and link: [#HADOOP-9448] Submitted Patch for Hadoop: Reimplement Things ( ©myNoSQL)
First seen in today’s Parse.ly post about their new technology, Parse.ly Deathmatch. I’m ready to start counting the days until the first job announcement uses this title.
Original title and link: The Title of the Year: Chief Hadoop Officer ( ©myNoSQL)