Riak CS: All content tagged as Riak CS in NoSQL databases and polyglot persistence
A new version of Riak CS was announced last week at GigaOM Structure Data 2013 event. But what’s more important is that starting with this version Riak CS is available as open source under an Apache 2 license.
As for Riak itself, Basho will offer an Enterprise version under a commercial license, the main differentiator being multi-datacenter replication and 24x7 customer support. The same as for Riak.
While I went through most of the articles covering this announcement, I couldn’t find the answer to the most obvious question: what made Basho decide to go with the dual model for Riak CS?
On the other hand, it looks like this remains the most popular model in the company-backed open source world: open source products with enterprise versions providing unique features.
Original title and link: Riak CS: New Version Available, Now Open Source ( ©myNoSQL)
Original title and link: Congrats to Basho Team for the New Round of Funding ( ©myNoSQL)
Coverage of the announcement of a new product from Basho: Riak CS: a multi-tenant, distributed, S3-compatible cloud storage platform:
- Klint Finley got the scoop: NoSQL Company Basho Unveils New Cloud Storage Software
- PR announcement
- Barb Darrow for GigaOm: Basho arms would-be Amazon killers with AWS-compatible storage
- Sudheer Raju for Tools Journal: Riak CS From Basho Enables Enterprise Cloud Storage
- Joe Brockmeier for RWW: Cloud Storage Competition Heats Up With RiakCS
- Liam Eagle for thewhir: Basho Launches Riak CS Cloud Storage Platform, Aims at Service Providers
My notes about Riak CS will follow shortly.
Original title and link: Basho Announces Riak-Based Multi-Tenant, Distributed, S3-Compatible Cloud Storage Platform ( ©myNoSQL)