RedHat: All content tagged as RedHat in NoSQL databases and polyglot persistence
Jaspersoft releases the 2nd version of JasperReports Server connector for MongoDB which “solves a key challenge in providing insight from Big Data systems with terabytes or even petabytes of data. Jaspersoft’s intelligent connector integrates 10gen’s NoSQL platform with the full Jaspersoft BI Suite, providing flexible and affordable reporting, ad hoc analysis, and dashboarding of MongoDB data.” [PR announcement]
Joyent announces SmartMachine appliance for MongoDB [PR announcement ]:
- Instant capacity bursting of up to 800%.
- On the fly MongoDB resizing with no reboot
- 100% data integrity through the use of the ZFS file system, which provides default copy-on-write snapshotting
- Joyent Cloud Analytics with DTrace for point-and-click root cause analysis of latencies
- Security through the use of Zones, which protect vCPUs from other cloud users
To get a better picture of why the Joyent appliance is interesting check the fantastic results of this Riak benchmark on Joyent SmartMachines and the technical details of the benchmark.
MongoDB on OpenShift
When you sign up for OpenShift you get up to five, free 512 MB instances on which to deploy your applications and MongoDB. What’s the catch? There is none. Getting started with MongoDB in the cloud is fast, free and easy!
- log tailing
- RockMongo web GUI
You can watch Issac Roth (OpenShift PaaS Master) explaining all the new MongoDB features in this release and read more details here:
Original title and link: MongoDB: With Adoption Comes… More Adoption ( ©myNoSQL)