NoSQL releases: All content tagged as NoSQL releases in NoSQL databases and polyglot persistence
I might be wrong, but Neo4j guys seem to go back to making a big announcement in December. It is a big announcement as the version says: Neo4j got a new data browser and Cypher, Neo4j’s graph query language,
Last, there’s also a slidedeck about the changes and improvements in Cypher:
This is a an important release for HBase. Both Hortonworks and Cloudera have posts covering it:
- Hortonworks: Announcing Apache HBase 0.96.0, More than 2000 issues resolved!
- Cloudera: HBase 0.96.0 Released!
Original title and link: Apache HBase 0.96.0 released after more than 2000 issues resolved ( ©myNoSQL)
The RavenDB team has released mostly a bug fix new version RavenDB 2.01. The change log is here.
Redis also has a new bug fix release: 2.6.10 including non-critical fixes and 5 small improvements. Change log is here
Original title and link: NoSQL Bug Fix Releases: Redis 2.6.10 and RavenDB 2.01 ( ©myNoSQL)
The list of releases I wanted to post about has been growing fast these last couple of weeks, so instead of waiting leaving it to Here it is (in no particular order1):
- (Jan.2nd) Cassandra 1.2 — announcement on DataStax’s blog. I’m currently learning and working on a post looking at what’s new in Cassandra 1.2.
- (Jan.10th) Apache Pig 0.10.1 — Hortonworks wrote about it
- (Jan.10th) DataStax Community Edition 1.2 and OpsCenter 2.1.3 — DataStax announcement
- (Jan.10th) CouchDB 1.0.4, 1.1.2, and 1.2.1 — releases fixing some security vulnerabilities
(Jan.11th) MongoDB 2.3.2 unstable — announcement. This dev release includes support for full text indexing. For more details you can check:
- MongoDB Full Text Search Explained and MongoDB Text Search Tutorial
- Full text search in MongoDB: details about supported languages and queries
- Indexing a Markdown blog using MongoDB full text indexing
- Short demo of MongoDB text search and hashed shard keys
- (Jan.12th) Apache HBase 0.94.4 — announcement and release notes
- (Jan.14th) Apache Hive 0.10.0: Hortonworks’s post about it
- (Jan.15th) Hortonworks Data Platform 1.2 featuring Apache Amabari — official PR announcement
- (Jan.16th) Redis 2.6.9 — release notes
- (Jan.16th) HyperDex 1.0RC1 — no docs
- (Jan.16th) Klout’s Brickhouse — announcement:
[…] an open source project extending Hadoop and Hive with a collection of useful user-defined-functions. Its aim is to make the Hive Big Data developer more productive, and to enable scalable and robust dataflows.
I’ve tried to order it chronologically, but most probably I’ve failed. ↩
Original title and link: 11 Interesting Releases From the First Weeks of January ( ©myNoSQL)