Hadapt: All content tagged as Hadapt in NoSQL databases and polyglot persistence
Very interesting visualization of some of the companies in the Big Data market connected through their venture capital and investment firms by Benedikt Koehler and Joerg Blumtritt over Beautiful Data blog:
There’s only one company I couldn’t find on this map: Hortonworks.
Original title and link: Big Data Investment Network Map ( ©myNoSQL)
My list of 8 most interesting companies for the future of Hadoop didn’t try to include anyone having a product with the Hadoop word in it. But the list from InformationWeek does. To save you 15 clicks, here’s their list:
- Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- EMC (with EMC Greenplum Unified Analytics Platform and EMC Data Computing Appliance)
- IBM (InfoSphere BigInsights)
- Informatica (for HParser)
Original title and link: 12 Hadoop Vendors to Watch in 2012 ( ©myNoSQL)
Filtering and augmenting a Q&A on Quora:
- Cloudera: Hadoop distribution, Cloudera Enterprise, Services, Training
- Hortonworks: Apache Hadoop major contributions, Services, Training
- MapR: Hadoop distribution, Services, Training
- HPCC Systems: massive parallel-processing computing platform
- HStreaming: real-time data processing and analytics capabilities on top of Hadoop
- DataStax: DataStax Enterprise, Apache Cassandra based platform accepting real-time input from online applications, while offering analytic operations, powered by Hadoop
- Zettaset: Enterprise Data Analytics Suite built on Hadoop
- Hadapt: analytic platform based on Apache Hadoop and relational DBMS technology
I’ve left aside names like IBM, EMC, Informatica, which are doing a lot of integration work.
Original title and link: 8 Most Interesting Companies for Hadoop’s Future ( ©myNoSQL)
Not much information available yet on the project page but looks like bidirectional integration of PosgreSQL and Hadoop.
The Postgres Plus Connector for Hadoop provides developers easy access to massive amounts of SQL data for integration with or analysis in Hadoop processing clusters. Now large amounts of data managed by PostgreSQL or Postgres Plus Advanced Server can be accessed by Hadoop for analysis and manipulation using Map-Reduce constructs.
When speaking about PostgreSQL and Hadoop, the first thing that comes to my mind is Daniel Abadi’s HadoopDB that became not long ago the technology behind his startup which has already raised $9.5mil.
Original title and link: Postgres Plus Connector for Hadoop in Private Beta ( ©myNoSQL)