Emil Eifrem enumerates 5 requirements for adopting NoSQL databases in the enterprise environment:
- Ability to Handle Today’s Complex and Connected Data
- Simplify the Development of Applications Using Complex and Connected Data
- Support for End-to-End Transactions
- Enterprise-grade Durability so that Data is Never Lost
- Java Still Reigns for Enterprise Development
I think Emil Eifrem has left out a couple of other critical aspects, but I agree with 4 and 1/2 of those on his list.
Original title and link: 5 Requirements for Enterprise NoSQL databases ( ©myNoSQL)