Cloudata: All content tagged as Cloudata in NoSQL databases and polyglot persistence
Cloudata is the third open source implementation of Google’s BigTable paper, after HBase and Hypertable. There’s already an 1.0 version even if the Github project page is listing just a couple of commits.
From the home page, Cloudata’s current features:
- Basic data service
- Single row operation(get, put)
- Multi row operation(like, between, scanner)
- Data uploader(DirectUploader)
- Simple cloudata query and supports JDBC driver
- Table Management
- Web based Monitor
- CLI Shell
- Master failover
- TabletServer failover
- Change log Server
- Reliable fast appendable change log server
- Support language
- Java, RESTful API, Thrift
I couldn’t figure out if this is just an experiment or if it actually plans to be a real project.
Update: Cloudata’s author, Jsjangg, mentions in the comment thread that Cloudata is used at www.searcus.com for 2 years already running on a 20 machine cluster.
See why I haven’t included Cassandra in this list in the comment thread. ↩