If Curt Monash says so…
With that caveat, the MongoDB rewrite story is something like:
- Updating has been reworked. Most of the benefits are coming later.
- Query optimization and execution have been reworked. Most of the benefits
are coming later, except that …
- … you can now directly filter on multiple indexes in one query; previously
you could only simulate doing that by pre-building a compound index.
- One of those future benefits is more index types, for example R-trees or
- Concurrency improvements are down the road.
- So are rewrites of the storage layer, including the introduction of
Original title and link: MongoDB is growing up