Even if the Yfrog presentation on their usage of HBase has only 9 slides, you’ll find some very interesting notes in there. Here’s a couple that caught my eyes:
- 10k concurrent requests/second
- 4 HBase clusters ranging from 50TB to 1PB
- Having more smaller nodes is better than having less faster bigger nodes
- We use sub $1k desktop grade servers, they work great!
- Inexpensive 2TB Hitachi disks (~$100) work great, get more units for your money
- Load test HBase with YCBS: just leave it running for a week, if nothing crashes, you are good.
Make sure you are checking all the slides below.
This is the first example I’m reading where commodity hardware means desktop grade hardware ↩
Original title and link: HBase at Yfrog ( ©myNoSQL)