I couldn’t start the new year without a final round of predictions. Not mines though.
- Consolidation of NoSQLs begins
- The Hadoop Clone wars end
- Open source business model is acknowledged by Wall
- Big Data and Cloud really means private cloud
- 2014 starts the era of analytic applications
- Search-based business intelligence tools will become
the norm with Big Data
- Real-time in-memory analytics, complex event
processing, and ETL combine
- Prescriptive analytics become more mainstream
- MDM will provide the dimensions for big data facts
- Security in Big Data won’t be a big issue
4.5 out of 10.
Original title and link: Big Data Top Ten predictions for 2014 by Jim Kaskade