The month of retrospectives is here. But even better, December is the month of predictions—the time when you need to carefully file links for later claim chowder.
predictionstrends for 2014:
- The end of data scientists.
- Cloud business intelligence goes mainstream.
- Big data finally goes to the sky.
- Agile business intelligence extends its lead.
- Predictive analytics, once the realm of advanced and specialized systems,
will move into the mainstream.
- Embedded business intelligence begins to emerge in an attempt to put
analytics in the path of everyday business activities.
- Storytelling becomes a priority.
- Mobile business intelligence becomes the primary experience for leading-edge
- Organizations begin to analyze social data in earnest.
- NoSQL is the new Hadoop.
I hope they don’t really mean the 1st one.
Original title and link: Top 10 trends in Business Intelligence for 2014 from Tableau Software