Ted Cuzzillo (tdwi):
- Myth #1: Data analysts are geeks. Fact: Analysts are good communicators.
- Myth #2: Analysis is all about insight. Fact: It’s all about impact.
- Myth #3: Data analysis is easy. Fact: Data analysis takes time to learn.
- Myth #4: Statistics is the most important skill. Fact: Business smarts are more important.
- Myth #5: Analysts work at the “speed of thought.” Fact: Thought is often a slow, non-linear process.
- Myth #6: Analysts are a rare breed. Fact: We’re all data analysts.
Actually many of these are just additional requirements for a data scientist job.
Original title and link: Six Myths About Data Scientist (NoSQL databases © myNoSQL)