This AMI does the following:
- installs Cassandra 0.7.4 on a Ubuntu 10.10 image
- configures emphemeral disks in raid0, if applicable (EBS is a bad fit for Cassandra
- configures Cassandra to use the root volume for the commitlog and the ephemeral disks for data files
- configures Cassandra to use the local interface for intra-cluster communication
- configures all Cassandra nodes with the same seed for gossip discovery
Note the “EBS is a bad fit for Cassandra”. That’s what Adrian Cockcroft explains in Multi-tenancy and Cloud Storage Performance.
Original title and link: Amazon EC2 Cassandra Cluster with DataStax AMI (NoSQL databases © myNoSQL)