Cloudant has received an undisclosed investment from Samsun Ventures
- Cloudant PR: Samsung Ventures Adds Cloudant to its Portfolio of Leading Mobile Service Solution and Data Network Companies
- TNW: Samsung Ventures continues its investment offensive with DBaaS company Cloudant
- GigaOm: Samsung Ventures backs Cloudant with undisclosed investment
- WSJ: The Daily Startup: Cloudant Accepts Samsung Backing and ‘Long-Term Vision’ - Venture Capital Dispatch - WSJ
- TechCrunch: Samsung Invests In Cloudant, A CIA-Backed, YC Alum That Specializes In Database-As-A-Service Technologies
- DataCenterKnowledge: Samsung Invests in Cloudant, Prepping for ‘Internet of Things’
Think Big Analytics, a Big Data consulting company raised $3mil. from former Cisco executive Dan Scheinman and WI Harper Group
Hortonwork’s announces Certification Program for Apache Hadoop
[…]today announced the launch of the Hortonworks Certified Technology Program, designed to help customers choose leading enterprise software that has been tested to integrate with Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), the only 100-percent open source Apache Hadoop distribution. By certifying technologies, Hortonworks is taking the risk out of the technology selection, thereby accelerating and simplifying customers’ big data projects. The Program strengthens and expands the Apache Hadoop ecosystem, while helping to increase the enterprise capabilities of Apache Hadoop.
I assume the model here is that vendors pay Hortonworks for this certification and they can use the Hortonworks stamp when talking to customers.
DataStax’s Next Great Data Developer Contest
Last, but not necessarily money-related:
MySQL 5.6 Released
I’m still reading about what’s new in MySQL 5.6, but what caught my eyes while skimming over the docs is support for online DDL.
Original title and link: NoSQL and Big Data Money News ( ©myNoSQL)