Nothing fancy, but if you haven’t done it already, this article will probably get you started in no time.
This article provides a step-by-step guide for using Apache CouchDB using Java. Here we will use Java code to:
- Create a database in CouchDB,
- Store employee data (Employee number, Name, Designation, etc).
- Perform some CRUD operations on the data that is stored.
- Show the use of “Views” and how it can retrieve data based on field values.
The software we use includes:
- Apache CouchDB 0.9.0 installation
- Couchdb4j-0.1.2 jar file
- Json-lib-2.2.3-jdk15 jar file
- ezmorph-1.0 jar file
- Httpclient-4.0-beta2 jar file
- Httpcore-4.0.1 jar file
Please note the current CouchDB version is 0.10.1, so you might want to try with this version instead of the one mentioned in the article.