I didn’t know that Mikio Hirabayashi, the creator of Tokyo Cabinet and Kyoto Cabinet, the successor of Tokyo Cabinet is also offering GNU licensed content management system: ☞ Tokyo Promenade that runs on top of Tokyo Cabinet.
According to the main page, Tokyo Promenade offers the following features:
- simple and logical user interface : aims at conciseness like LaTeX
- high accessibility : complying with XHTML 1.0 and considering WCAG 1.0
- hybrid data structure : available as BBS, blog, and Wiki
- sufficient functionality : supports user management and file management
- high performance : uses embedded database, Tokyo Cabinet
- lightweight : implemented by C99 and without any dependency on other libraries
Now I don’t know how many would still be willing to run CGI based content management systems, but they”ll at least have Tokyo Cabinet as its storage.