- A presentation about Redis and Resque (a background processing framework) ☞
- Riak gets a new Ruby client: ripple and generates a lot of buzz about it ☞
- AltDB instead of NoSQL? Not so bad IMO ☞
- The Neo4j database has no built in support for spatial data, but it looks like it is coming: ☞
- The preferred MongoDB C# library mongodb-csharp is introducing a fluent interface to map/reduce ☞
- Nothing fancy, but fair observations:
For a customer we have developed log analytics software. It’s currently uses MYSQL as the database backend. The system reads in a hourly log file, and calculates all kinds of fancy statistics. I wanted to see how the system would work if I used MongoDB, a schema-less document DB, instead of MYSQL.