When someone is summarizing a whole month of HBase discussions the only thing you can do is saying thank you and linking to it!
From the digest:
- An alternative indexed HBase implementation (HBASE-2037) was reported as completed (and included in 0.20.3)
- Ways of integrating with HBase (instantiating HTable) on client-side
- HbaseExplorer – an open-source web application that helps with simple HBase data administration and monitoring
- Tips for increasing the HBase write speed
- Some advice on hardware configuration for the case of managing 40-50K records/sec write speed
- What are the minimal number of boxes for HBase deployment? Covered both HA and non-HA options