New version of Cloudera’s Hadoop distro — complete release notes available here:
CDH3 Beta 4 also includes new versions of many components. Highlights include:
- HBase 0.90.1, including much improved stability and operability.
- Hive 0.7.0rc0, including the beginnings of authorization support, support for multiple databases, and many other new features.
- Pig 0.8.0, including many new features like scalar types, custom partitioners, and improved UDF language support.
- Flume 0.9.3, including support for Windows and improved monitoring capabilities.
- Sqoop 1.2, including improvements to usability and Oracle integration.
- Whirr 0.3, including support for starting HBase clusters on popular cloud platforms.
Plus many scalability improvements contributed by Yahoo!.
Cloudera’s CDH is the most popular Hadoop distro bringing together many components of the Hadoop ecosystem. Yahoo remains the main innovator behind Hadoop.
Original title and link: Cloudera’s Distribution for Apache Hadoop version 3 Beta 4 (NoSQL databases © myNoSQL)