Cloudata is the third open source implementation of Google’s BigTable paper, after HBase and Hypertable. There’s already an 1.0 version even if the Github project page is listing just a couple of commits.
From the home page, Cloudata’s current features:
- Basic data service
- Single row operation(get, put)
- Multi row operation(like, between, scanner)
- Data uploader(DirectUploader)
- Simple cloudata query and supports JDBC driver
- Table Management
- Web based Monitor
- CLI Shell
- Master failover
- TabletServer failover
- Change log Server
- Reliable fast appendable change log server
- Support language
- Java, RESTful API, Thrift
I couldn’t figure out if this is just an experiment or if it actually plans to be a real project.
Update: Cloudata’s author, Jsjangg, mentions in the comment thread that Cloudata is used at www.searcus.com for 2 years already running on a 20 machine cluster.
See why I haven’t included Cassandra in this list in the comment thread. ↩