Edward Capriolo asks some very good questions about the use and advantages of Apache Hadoop YARN and Mesos: :
- Can a technology like YARN or Mesos be used together with puppet or chef?
- What at the best practices when using these two things together?
- In YARNs case. How many current software packages can YARN manage outside hadoop?
- Then what?
- Aren’t YARN/Mesos just sneaky forms of devops/noops?
- With clusters spinning up and falling on command how do we monitor this environment and guarantee quality of service?
- Couldn’t AWS/open stack do this on a more general scale?
- Shouldn’t we just all be using solaris zones?
When I first learned about YARN—I still need to get more familiar with Mesos beyond Jay Kreps’s YARN and Mesos comparison—I had a much simpler question: How exactly would you use YARN?
I still don’t have a good answer to my question, but now we have a couple more specific ones. Maybe someone could help us out.
Original title and link: What Can You Do With YARN and Mesos? ( ©myNoSQL)