Quickly I replaced xmemcached to spymemcached, and memcached get time decreased to 40+ ms and it only generates 2 threads, awesome. And its hash and distribution algorithms are 100% compatible to libmemcached 0.32.
I just went through a similar experience trying to find a memcached library that works with both Ruby MRI and JRuby. I’ve ended up not finding it.
This blog is called myNoSQL and it is written by me, Alex Popescu, a software architect with a passion for open source and communities.
It records my readings, learnings, and opinions on NoSQL databases, polyglot persistence, and distributed systems -- subjects that I'm passionate about.
The opinions expressed here are my own, and no other party necessarily agrees with them.
If you feel I'm biased, I probably am.