Ultimately, there are six useful things you can do with analytic technology:
- You can make an immediate decision.
- You can plan in support of future decisions.
- You can research, investigate, and analyze in support of future decisions.
- You can monitor what’s going on, to see when it necessary to decide, plan, or investigate.
- You can communicate, to help other people and organizations do these same things.
- You can provide support, in technology or data gathering, for one of the other functions.
I see here just six different ways of saying data analytics supports decission making. But maybe this is the reason I don’t work in marketting.
To me the only essential differentiator is real-time vs non real-time.
Original title and link: (Big) Data Analytic Technology Purposes (NoSQL databases © myNoSQL)