With Hadoop Summit taking place earlier this week, the amount of news and announcements related to the Hadoop ecosystem was impressive and after a busy week I had quite a bit of hard time figuring out the most interesting bits:
- Hortonworks announced Hortonworks Data Platform 1.0 with an interesting approach for high-availability.
- VMWare announced Project Serengeti for virtualization-friendly Hadoop. It’s open source and VMWare collaborates with all major Hadoop players (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR) to make it work.
- Some information about pricing for Hadoop support from Cloudera, Hortonworks, and MapR
- Amazon announced support for MapR Hadoop distribution on Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- Hive creators, previously at Facebook announce Qubole: a new on-demand Hadoop service
If some other news or announcements caught your attention this week, leave a comment or drop me a line.
Original title and link: A Hadoop Week in Review ( ©myNoSQL)