CouchDB 1.2.0 was released on April 6th. The linked post provides all the details of the new version, but here are some important improvements included with the new release:
- Performance: added a native JSON parser
- Performance: optional file compression for database and view index files
- Performance: a new replicator implementation. More reliable, faster, configurable.
- Security: the
_users database and information in the
_replication databases are not longer readable by everyone
- Core: added support for automatic compaction. Automatic compaction is off by default, but can be enabed through Futon or the
.ini file and configured to run based on multiple variables:
- A threshold for the file_size to disk_size ratio (say 70%)
- A time window specified in hours and minutes (e.g 01:00-05:00)
- Compaction can be cancelled if it exceeds the closing time.
- Compaction for views and databases can be set to run in parallel
- If there’s not enough space (2 × data_size) on the disk to complete a compaction, an error is logged and the compaction is not started.
Original title and link: CouchDB 1.2.0: Performance, Security, API, Core and Replication Improvements ( ©myNoSQL)