Based on a ☞ job announcement, The Register ☞ writes that Apple is probably considering HBase for their iAds platform. Truth being told, the announcement talks about Hadoop and mentions HBase or Cassandra:
- Design and build scalable Hadoop based ETL infrastructure.
- Build modular components in the large volume data movement and management
- Mentor junior engineers in Hadoop based technologies
- Experience with high throughput and scaleable applications etc.
- Designing and implementing systems to processTerabytes to Petabytes of data using Hadoop.
- Extensive experience with MapReduce, HDFS, Hive, HBase Or Cassandra
Maybe it will be this person’s responsibility to come up with the HBase or Cassandra decision.
Original title and link: Apple going Hadoop. Question is: HBase Or Cassandra? (NoSQL databases © myNoSQL)