Timo Fleisch provides a set of requirements for which using Amazon SimpleDB for storing mobile gaming data sound like a good solution:
In this post I am going to describe my solution for a simple global high score that works with WP7, iOS and Android. […] The preconditions for me for the global high score where:
- It should be easy and fast to implement and maintain.
- It should use standard web technologies.
- It should be scaleable.
- It should use the standard web http protocol.
- It should be secure,
- and it should be as cross platform as possible.
SimpleDB definitely fits the bill for these requirements. But there might be some other details that could lead to using a different approach or making things a tad more complex:
- the Amazon SimpleDB latency
- the always-connected to the internet requirement
Original title and link: Cross-Platform Global High-Score Using Amazon SimpleDB ( ©myNoSQL)