Real scenario, very good analysis of different data access requirements, and three possible solutions. What’s your pick?
The problem is fairly simple - I am storing “notifications” in hbase, each of which has a status (“new”, “seen”, and “read”). Here are the API’s I need to provide:
- Get all notifications for a user
- Get all “new” notifications for a user
- Get the count of all “new” notifications for a user
- Update status for a notification
- Update status for all of a user’s notifications
- Get all “new” notifications accross the database
- Notifications should be scannable in reverse chronological order and allow pagination.
Original title and link: Designing HBase Schema to Best Support Specific Queries ( ©myNoSQL)