Jonathan Hsieh provides a summary of the new features in HBase 0.92.0 by splitting them into user features:
- HFile v2, a new more efficient storage format
- Faster recovery via distributed log splitting
- Lower latency region-server operations via new multi-threaded and asynchronous implementations.
- An enhanced web UI that exposes more internal state
- Improved logging for identifying slow queries
- Improved corruption detection and repair tools
and developer features:
- Build support for Hadoop 0.20.20x, 0.22, 0.23.
- Experimental: offheap slab cache and online table schema change
Earlier today when covering the HBase 0.92.0 release, I wrote that coprocessors are the hightlight of this release. I’ll take that back. Way too many interesting features in HBase 0.92.0 to highlight just one of them.
Original title and link: More Details About Apache HBase 0.92.0 ( ©myNoSQL)