Just a quick roundup of the latest releases and announcements.
Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) version 2
HDP v2 will include:
- NextGen MapReduce architecture
- HDFS NameNode HA
- HDFS Federation
- up-to-date HCatalog, HBase, Hive, Pig
According to the announcement:
In order to avoid confusion, let me explain the two versions of HDP:
- HDP v1 is based upon Apache Hadoop 1.0 (which comes from the 0.20.205 branch). It the most stable, production-ready version of Hadoop that is currently found in many large enterprise deployments. HDP v1 is currently available as a private technology preview. A public technology preview will be made available later this quarter.
- HDP v2 is based upon Apache Hadoop 0.23, which includes the next generation advancements mentioned above. It’s an important step forward in terms of scalability, performance, high availability and data integrity. A technology preview will also be made publicly available later in Q1.
SolrCloud Completes Phase 2
Mark Miller about the completion of phase 2:
The second phase of SolrCloud has been in full swing for a couple of months now and it looks like we are going to be able to commit this work to trunk very soon! In Phase1 we built on top of Solr’s distributed search capabilities and added cluster state, central config, and built-in read side fault tolerance. Phase 2 is even more ambitious and focuses on the write side. We are talking full-blown fault tolerance for reads and writes, near real-time support, real-time GET, true single node durability, optimistic locking, cluster elasticity, improvements to the Phase 1 features, and more.
Not there yet, but it’s coming.
DataStax Community Server 1.0.7
A new release of DataStax’s distribution of Cassandra incorporating Cassandra 1.0.7
Don’t let the version number trick you. This is an important release for HBase featuring:
- new (self-migrating) file format
- AWS improvements: EBS support, building a HA cluster
I’m leaving you with Andrew Purtell’s slides about HBase Coprocessors:
Original title and link: Latest NoSQL Releases: HBase 0.92, DataStax Community Server, Hortonworks Data Platform, SolrCloud ( ©myNoSQL)