Let’s start the year with a quick review of the latest releases that happened in December. Make sure that you scroll to the end as there are quite a few important ones.
Announced on Dec.15th, MongoDB 2.0.2 is a bug fix release:
- Hit config server only once per mongos on meta data change to not overwhelm
- Removed unnecessary connection close and open between mongos and mongod after getLastError
- Replica set primaries close all sockets on stepDown()
- Do not require authentication for the buildInfo command
- scons option for using system libraries
Apache Hive 0.8.0
Just as a side note, who came out with the idea of having a Hive fans’ page on Facebook?
Apache ZooKeeper 3.4.2
ZooKeeper 3.4.0 has been followed up shortly by two new minor version updates fixing some critical bugs. The list of issues fixed in ZooKeeper 3.4.1 can be found here and for ZooKeeper 3.4.2 the 2 fixed bugs are listed here.
As with ZooKeeper 3.4.0, these versions are not yet production ready.
Apache Whirr 0.7.0
Apache Whirr 0.7.0 has been released on Dec.21st featuring 56 improvements and bug fixes including support for Puppet & Chef, and Mahout and Ganglia as a service. The complete list can be found here.
Some more details about Whirr 0.7.0 can be found here.
Apache HBase 0.90.5
Redis 2.4.5 was released on Dec.23rd and provides 4 bug fixes:
- [BUGFIX] Fixed a ZUNIONSTORE/ZINTERSTORE bug that can cause a NaN to be inserted as a sorted set element score. This happens when one of the elements has
-infscore and the weight used is 0.
- [BUGFIX] Fixed memory leak in
- [BUGFIX] Fixed a non critical
SORTbug (Issue 224).
- [BUGFIX] Fixed a replication bug: now the timeout configuration is respected during the connection with the master.
--quietoption implemented in the Redis test.
Last but definitely one of the most important announcements that came in December:
Based on the 0.20-security code line, Hadoop 1.0.0 was announced on Dec.29. This release includes support for:
- HBase (append/hsynch/hflush) and Security
- Webhdfs (with full support for security)
- Performance enhanced access to local files for HBase
- Other performance enhancements, bug fixes, and features
- All version 0.20.205 and prior 0.20.2xx features
Complete release notes are available here.
And with this we are ready for 2012.
Original title and link: Last NoSQL Releases in 2011: MongoDB, Hive, ZooKeeper, Whirr, HBase, Redis, and Hadoop 1.0.0 ( ©myNoSQL)