A new version of Redis is available for download and it is a recommended upgrade for all users as it addresses a potentially serious issue in jemalloc.
- [BUGFIX] jemalloc upgraded to version 2.2.5, previous versions had a potentially serious issue when allocating big memory areas, something that Redis actually does. However we never received bug reports that appear to be caused by jemalloc.
- [BUGFIX] DISCARD now clears DIRTY_CAS flag in the client. Now the next transaction will not fail if the previous transaction used WATCH and the key was touched.
- CLIENT LIST output modified to include the last command executed by clients.
- Better bug report on crash.
- Protocol errors are now logged for loglevel >= verbose.
- Two new INFO fields related to AOF, that can be useful when investigating Redis issues.
Original title and link: Redis 2.4.4 Released Fixes Potential Issue in Jemalloc ( ©myNoSQL)