Rahul Sharma continues his experimentation with Neo4j:
The BatchInserter works quite differently as compared to the GraphDataBaseService. The following are the differences which you see when you start using the API :
- Transactions are not used while importing data, thus the data gets inserted a whole lot quicker.
- Nodes and Relationships can only be created using a Map of all the properties that are part of the Node/Relationship.
- You do not get explicit Node object„ all updates to the Node can only be accomplished using the node-id and updated Map of properties.
Make sure you check the Neo4j batch insert ☞ official docs too:
Be aware that the BatchInserter is:
- intended use is for initial import of data
- non thread safe
- non transactional
- failure to successfully invoke shutdown (properly) results in corrupt database files
Original title and link: Neo4j: Bulk Insert and Indexing (NoSQL databases © myNoSQL)