From Basho’s blog:
- A Database
- A Data Store
- A key/value store
- Used by Fortune 100 Companies
- Used by startups
- A “NoSQL” database
- Schemaless and data-type agnostic
- Written (primarily) in Erlang
- As distributed as you want and need it to be
- Pronounced “REE-ack”
- Not the best fit for every project and application
- And much, much more…
So far I’ve heard only about Riak and Mozilla, Riak at inagist.com, and this atypical Riak usage for a church kiosks, but no mentions of Fortune 100 company names. Anyone knows who are they referring to?
Update: please check the comment thread for more details. It looks like the Fortune 100 company Basho is referring to is Comcast.
Original title and link for this post: What is Riak? (published on the NoSQL blog: myNoSQL)