- What problems are solved by Flume?
- data collection in all formats
- flexible reliability guarantees allowing careful performance tunning
- quick iteration on new collection strategies
- Flume is build around teh concept of flows corresponding to a type of data source and composed from chained nodes
- A Flume node receives data from a source, optionally processes it using 1 or more decorators and outputs it via a sink
- Nodes receiving data are called agents, nodes writing data are called collectors